Here are some random but awesome facts about myself!
1. I love scary horror films, particularly paranormal ones, demonic ones. Movies like The Conjuring 1 and 2, Annabelle, Crimson Peak, Mama, Carrier, Ghost Ship, Rite, Paranormal Activity (to name a few!). I have not found a horror film that really scares or freaks me out, but it doesn’t stop me from watching any and all scary horror films! But I also love the time of year when it’s acceptable to watch these scary movies and that is the month of October and Halloween (which is my favorite holiday!). I go on a 30-day scary movie challenge with anyone willing to try and it’s awesome! I also try to go to all the haunted house attractions around my area and you probably guessed it, I am the one in the front! Yes, it’s awesome! I honestly laugh more than anything because of the people I go with because they are all scared and screaming!
2. My left leg is 3 inches shorter than my right leg. Most people have a leg that is shorter than the other, but not as big as a 3-inch difference. The story that my father told me is that when I was young I was riding a bike and I had fallen down on my side. I apparently fractured my hip, but I was too scared to say anything. So because I didn’t say anything and I was still growing I screwed up my growth system as a child on my left side and leg. I don’t remember doing any of this. But in second grade I had major problems with pain and limping. It got so bad that I was taken to the ER. They did so many tests but they still couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. Afterward, my second-grade teacher and I talked and she would give me a secret word she would use with me when she noticed my limping and it would remind me to fix it. When I was in middle school I was experiencing the same problems I was in second grade and we went back to ER. But they did a simple test that they did not do before. They put a ruler in between my legs and measure them and noticed the 3-inch difference. Finally, I got an answer but the only cure they saw was breaking one leg and shave the bone, or break the other leg and put a metal rod in it and crank it every month so the bone would grow. I choose the path to no pain, which the doctor then told me that then I would probably need hip surgery when I was around 40 years-old. Some to look forward too I guess.
3. My favorite time of year is fall. I mean seriously how can fall not be your favorite time of year?! The smells, the colors, the festivities, the holidays are all wonderful! The weather here in Wisconsin isn’t bad either! Cold enough to wear long sleeves and pants but warm enough not to need a jacket! I love feeling fuzzy and cozy, and just sipping on hot drinks while sitting outside. My favorite holiday is Halloween as well which just makes that time of year more fun!
4. I played the violin for over 10 years. I started playing in 3rd grade and my last year of playing was my senior year of high school. The only reason I had to stop this was because my younger sister wanted to play so I had to give her my violin. For the 10 years, I played I can say I struggled reading music but I was good! If someone would play a piece of music a couple of time for me I could play it with no problem after that. I ended up playing in competitions in middle school and high school and ended up going to state a couple of times winning 6 medals! Even though I struggled reading music, I loved playing the violin! I found it calming and the best part of my day during school.
5. I’ve seen 67 bands play in concerts. I LOVE music, and going to concerts for me give me such an amazing experience that I could only describe as toxic and addictive! The main types of music I’ve gone to concerts for is country and rock/metal. I’ve also seen a handful of bands more than once. Some country artists I’ve seen are Carrie Underwood, Hunter Hayes, Eric Church, Dirks Bently, Billy Currington, Joe Nichols, Rodney Atkins, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Julianne Hough, Keith Anderson and James Otto. Some Rock/Metal bands I’ve seen are Avenged Sevenfold (whom I’ve seen over 5 times!), Five Finger Death Punch, Slayer, Black Label Society, Get Scared, I the Mighty, Motionless in White, Of Mice & Men, Crown the Empire (seen 2 times), For All Those Sleeping, Korn, Three Days Grace, Theory of a Deadman, Seether, Rob Zombie, Megadeath, Halestorm (whom I’ve seen 3 times!), Twisted Sister, Van Halen, Stone Sour, New Medicine, Skillet (whom I’ve seen twice!), Hawk Nelson, Godsmack, Chevelle, Buckcherry, Anthrax, Saliva, Ratt, Dokken, Jackyl, Superchick, FLAME, Hollywood Undead, Pop Evil, Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin, Alice Cooper, Warrant, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Lynard Skynard, Miss May I, Memphis May Fire, Pierce the Veil, Our Last Night, Falling in Reverse, 3OH!3, Yellowcard (whom I’ve seen twice!), WhiteChapel, Good Charlotte, and Tonight Alive. I’ve also seen Tech9ne, and StevieStone. Needless to say, I’ve seen a lot of concerts, and my list is only getting BIGGER!
6. My youngest brother has Autism, which allowed me to learn that I have a passion for helping people with disabilities. My brother is the youngest of 4 kids, and when he was 3 years-old he was diagnosed with Autism. When this happened it flipped my world upside down. At first, I was upset and didn’t know how I could ever love my brother. Then as my brother got older I learned how to communicate with him and I his personality started to shine. He is now 17 years-old and I couldn’t imagine my life without him! He is the funniest, most caring person I’ve ever met. I would do anything for him. I’ve also used my experience with my brother to help other families in the area by becoming a Line Therapist for people, children, and families and do therapy with people who are diagnosed with different types of Autism. In my senior year of high school, I held a fundraiser to raise money for local research on Autism. I do annual walks in my area to help raise awareness and research for people with Autism. The only reason I have a major of Special Education is because of my brother have special needs. He has taught me so much that I want to help others with special needs and even their families. Below I’ve shared a video I made for my fundraiser I put together my senior year!
7. My favorite movie that I have always loved is Beauty and the Beast. It has been that way since I was a baby. My grandmother would always tell me that when she would watch me she would pop the VHS of Beauty and the Beast in. Once the movie was over I would start crying and screaming. The only way I would stop crying and screaming until the movie was played again. She would have to watch Beauty and the Beast over and over again for HOURS! That never changed as I got older. Every time the movie Beauty and the Beast has come out of the vault I’ve bought it immediately! Even the remake I saw three times and bought it immediately after it came out! I love it! I love it! I love it! I can’t express it enough. Belle has always been my favorite Disney “princess” as well, mainly because we look so much alike. The grandmother that use to watch me when I was younger and I use to scream at until she replays my movie, died this past summer. I got to go to the hospital and say goodbye before she died, and when I knew I was going to say goodbye I went out and bought a new Beauty and Beast shirt in memory of her and wore it when I went to see her and say goodbye. Whenever I wear that shirt I remember her and her kindness for me and my siblings and the times we had with each other. Love you, Grandma, ❤
8. I dislike summer. I hate being hot and sweaty at the same time. I am okay with being sweaty, for example when I’m working out that’s fine. But when it’s 90+ degrees and humid here in Wisconsin, let me tell you IT SUCKS! I don’t like it. Don’t get me wrong I love summer for being able to go out and do things in nature and with people. It allows for more opportunities to do things than say the snow does. But I still hate it! All I do is work my summers away and get ready for another school year I normally don’t do anything fun or go on any fun trips because I am either working or too broke to go on a big fun trip. So summer you suck!
9. My favorite color is pink, and my least favorite color is purple. If you have ever watched the movie Mean Girls you know that on Wednesdays we wear PINK, not purple. Now to me, purple is like the white and pink is like black. Pink and purple don’t go together in my mind! So pink all day every day, honestly, my wardrobe consists of black and pink, no joke!
10. I all kinds of music! As you saw above I’ve been to a lot of concerts in my life and I’m only 26! But even though I’ve been to a lot of concerts I don’t have a specific genre of music I love or hate. I grew up listening to the 70’s and 80’s hair metal bands thanks to my father. So bands like Ozzy, Quiet Riot, AC/DC, Judaist Priest, Queen, KISS, Twisted Sister, etc. My dad was a huge KISS fan so I listened to a lot of KISS. But since I was born in the 90’s (the best decade EVER!), once I got old enough I started to listen to pop music. Pop music like Britney Spears, Christina Agularia, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Now That’s What I Call Music Vol #, Spice Girls, No Doubt, 98 Degrees, Pink, etc. But once I got older and into middle school, I started listening to more kinds of music. I started listening to new rock like Avenged Sevenfold and I started listening to punk/punk pop like Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc. It was also in middle school I heard my first country song, which was Concrete Angel by Martina McBride. So after that, I also started listening to country music. So as you can see I had a ton of different music I was listening too. Now during this time, I was also playing the violin so I also loved listening to classical music, and even though I don’t play anymore I still love listening to classical music to this day. I only listened to one rap artist and that was Eminem and I’ve followed him to this day. Now bring you up to speed today, Avenged Sevenfold has been one of my favorite bands since I’ve started listening to them. But I mainly listen to rock, metal and country music. Bands like In This Moment, I Prevail, Beartooth, A Day to Remember, Miranda Lambert, Good Charlotte, Miley Cyrus, Set It Off, Motionless In White, and Kelsea Ballerini to name a few.
11. I love football! I am a football girl born and raised! I grew up watching football on Sundays and loved it! And even to this day, I watch football religiously on Sundays during the seasons. My boyfriend is not a huge sports person but he knows that Sundays are my days with the tv so I can watch football. Of course being from Wisconsin I am a DIE HARD Green Bay Packer fan!! I’ve been to the Hall of Fame, Practices, and I’ve only been to one game in my life (so far!) but I love them through and through! GO PACK GO!
12. I love the sound of water. Whenever I need to get away from the city I always go to state and national parks to go hiking in nature. I always hike until I find a body of water that I can find a place to sit and relax near, to meditate and calm myself. This article by the Huffington Post explains Why Water Makes us Feel Calm.
13. I am a loyal and die-hard Harry Potter fan. I am a loyal Hufflepuff. I was a young child when the Harry Potter books were published in the 1990’s. I remember reading the books and desperately waiting for J.K. Rowling to finish writing the next book! I’ve read all 8 (I am including the cursed child book too!) books and went to all midnight showings of 8 movies. I also went to the midnight showing of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which was amazing by the way and I can’t wait for the second one to come on in 2018. I’ve read the Fantastic Beasts book, and Quidditch through the ages as well. I have and play the Harry Potter Scene It game all the time and am hard to beat if I say so myself. I am always up for a Harry Potter movie marathon and have done it several times. I have my own collection of Harry Potter character POP! figures and wands I’ve made and bought. My (planned) graduation present for myself is to visit Harry Potter World in Florida and go nuts! If I had to choose out of the 7 books which one was my favorite to read it would be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And if I had to choose out of the 8 movies which one was my favorite it would have to be Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets all because of dear Dobby, he is my favorite character!
14. I’ve always wanted a dog and I love dogs, even though I may be allergic to them. When I was growing up we mostly had cats because we couldn’t have a dog because of my younger brother. So I’ve grown to dislike cats (a lot!) and love dogs! There are many dogs that I would love to have but I do have a top 5 that I would love to own: Chocolate Labrador, Austrailian Shepard, Weimaraner, Golden Retriever, and Viszla. Honestly, I wouldn’t care what kind of dog I get, I just want one!
15. I’ve been a bowhunter since I was 11 years-old. I’ve always loved the outdoors since I was a little girl. I would go hunting with my dad all the time, and I would go up to my grandfather’s cabin and spend time camping and building campfires (even thought I was horrible at it) all the time. Once I was old enough I took the hunter safety course for bow hunting and BARELY passed (only because I second guessed my answers), but nonetheless, I passed! And every opening weekend of bow hunting season I’ve gone hunting. I have yet to get my own deer but there is still plenty of time for me to get one!
16. Is one of my favorite numbers because I was born on January 19th. Believe it or not, my birthday digits are all nines and ones. I was born 1-1-1991. My other favorite number is 97 because my great grandmother died when she was 97 years-old. She was one my favorite people in my life when I was younger and I will always hold her close to my heart! She passed away in 2001. It was very difficult time for me but I will never forget her in many ways. Her age she died in (97) and wearing different floral pattern clothing (which she made me wear all the time when I was little at her house and when I went to church with her). I also always have a picture of her and I and a rosary in my office in memory of her. I love you, great-grandma! ❤
17. One of my favorite things to do is a workout! I love dancing, strength training, and (some) cardio! I’ve done some CrossFit training, I also use to be a cheerleader in high school and I also use to play volleyball in middle and high school. I loved cheerleading in high school it gave me so much happiness and it made me super fit I remember eating anything I wanted and never gaining a pound! I also enjoyed volleyball very much as well, our team wasn’t very good though but I still love and enjoy the sport very much. Because it’s such an intense hobby I’ve turned my hobby into a profession by becoming a Beachbody coach! I have done Autumn Calabrese’s 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme fitness programs along with Hammer and Chisel, I’ve also done the famous Shaun T’s Insanity, Cize, and Insanity Max: 30. I have also grown to practice and love doing yoga as well! It all makes me feel amazing! So why not turn something I love to do into a profession I can do on my own terms, and the company has great products! Now don’t get me wrong I don’t only use Beachbody products I use other products as well (which I will disclose and write reviews on in later posts). I’ve grown to love and learn more and more about different ways to stay fit and healthy like meditation, yoga, and CrossFit. These three practices are ones that I’ve only recently discovered and learned about in the past 5 years, so I’m still learning and pretty new with them. But everything, in the end, keeps me healthy!
18. One of my biggest vices is soda and candy. It is a horrible vice and it’s something I struggle with giving up in order to get my dream body. It’s a toxic happiness of sugar that I love!! My favorite soda is Mountain Dew (which is probably the worse) and my favorite candy would have to be Skittles (the purple bag) and my favorite chocolate is anything with milk chocolate and caramel! But if you are with me jump on the bandwagon of struggling of letting them go in order to be healthy.
19. I am a secret traveler at heart. I want to travel to so many places throughout the world all because of the history I’ve learned in school. I dream of traveling to all the original 13 colonies, France, England, Italy, Germany, back to Montreal, Quebec, each Ocean, New Zealand, and Australia. I know there has got to be more places I would love to visit but these are my main places I would love to travel too before it’s too late. I’ve only traveled to Montreal and Quebec when I was middle school but I would LOVE to go back because I don’t remember much of it and I had a disposable camera so none of my pictures were saved.
20. My hair is my favorite thing about myself. I love the color it has all by itself. I love it long but the longer it is the harder it is to handle. Believe it or not, I have very thick hair (thank you dad!) So I have to have it thinned and cut on a monthly basis. My hair is like makeup to other girls. If my hair is not to my liking and I can’t get it done just right I don’t go out in public. As silly as that is it’s true. I also love the way my hair feels, I take really really good care of it and straighten it all the time because it is really curly normally (which I also dislike). But I’ve grown to learn different ways to handle and tame the beast I call my hair.
-Stay Beautiful. Stay Fierce.